Saturday, September 12, 2020

Temples & Triforces | Version 2 of the Legend of Zelda homebrew compendium!


I try not to make a habit of rereleasing content that I've already blogged, but it felt warranted here. I've blogged a few more Legend of Zelda-themed homebrews, and I felt like adding them to Temples & Triforces. At nearly 20 pages, this compendium has gotten to be a pretty solid length, so I probably won't add to Temples & Triforces, even if I make more Legend of Zelda content. If I make more, I'll stick to making individual releases here on the blog.

But anyway: introducing Version 2 of Temples & Triforces!

There are two major additions: the Light Spirit, an otherworldly patron based on the light spirits from Twilight Princess, and the Pact of the Mask, a pact boon based on the mask theme of Majora's Mask. Both include a handful of new, thematically linked eldritch invocations as well!

The Light Spirit offers some minor healing at 1st level (as Tears of Light could heal Wolf Link in the game) as well as light-themed damage and abilities. With the thematic invocations, you can wield a bow of light as your pact weapon or have a blue-eyed spirit wolf as your pact familiar. I thought the light spirits were really cool in Twilight Princess, and the way that Ordona was a light spirit outside the trio associated with the golden goddesses was really interesting to me.

With the Pact of the Mask, you can perfectly transform into another humanoid, even gaining their species traits. With the invocations, you can commune with the dead, play the Elegy of Emptiness, and even transform into animals. The Pact of the Mask is general enough that I think players can use it even in typical Fifth Edition campaigns not set in Hyrule.

Other changes are pretty minor. I added a table of contents to the first page, which in retrospect would have been good to include in the original version as well. I added some wording to the Oath of the Hero's Spin Attack in order to clarify the mechanic. And I moved some text around to better fit the first few pages.

This is most likely the final version of Temples & Triforces. Do enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment